Dolvean House has acquired several awards. Please read the following explanations or links.
AA five star
We took part in the AA Quality Standard Scheme from 2008 to 2011 and were rated as a five star Guest Accommodation.
Visit Britain five star
The VisitEngland Quality Standard Scheme rates us as five-star Guest Accommodation.
From 2008 to 2012 we also achieved the Silver Award for outstanding hospitality, friendliness and cleanliness. WisitEngland has stopped this scheme now, yet we continue with the same service.
Visit Britain Breakfast Award
Since 2011 we have achieved the VisitEngland Breakfast Award for excellent Breakfast Quality & Service.
We are mentioned in the famous french 'M...' Hotel and restaurant guide
Britain in Bloom - Falmouth Town B&B Bronze 2010
Britain-in-Bloom also takes place in Falmouth and we achieved the third prize (Bronze award) in the category ‘small guest houses/B&B’ in 2010.
Cornish Mining World Heritage Champion (WHS)
We are interested in the Mining history of Cornwall and took part in a training day to become WHS champions.
Dolvean House is member of
- the FDHA (Falmouth District Hotel Association) which helps to look after the issues of hotels and accommodation providers along with advertising. www.visitfalmouth.com
- BID (Business Improvement District) www.falmouth.co.uk
Since 2008 Dolvean House is a member of this five year scheme. Its purpose is a general Falmouth town business improvement for which we contribute a small percentage levy from our business rates.
- the coast project. We support a sustainable and green tourism and do everything in our power to preserve and improve our natural ressources.
Shaun and Renate are members of
- SWCP (South-West-Coast-Path Association)
- HVMCA (Helford Voluntary Marine Conservation Association)
- Trebah Garden (subtropical Victorian garden, 20 min away from Falmouth)
- Cornwall Wildlife Trust (There are many activities in the Cornwall area also open to non-members)
- National Trust
We like to support
- ShelterBox in Helston
ShelterBox builds and supplies survival boxes for victims of natural disasters such as the earthquake in Haiti in 2009. We along with our family sponsored a box, No. 46827, which went to Haiti.
You can help with a donation to our current collection.
- RSPB (Royal Society for Protection of Birds)
Badges can be acquired at Dolvean House for min. £1.